Monday, June 2, 2008

Summertime color challenge - a wee bit late


Here is my interpretation of the Verve Visual "Summertime and the living is easy" color challenge. Entries were supposed to be posted by the 31st of May. Oops, I didn't quite make it.
I have never entered any challenge before and I was SO nervous about posting my work. But I really liked how my card turned out, so I thought - what the heck. I will link to the contest anyway.
Here are the deets:
Stamps (from A.C. Moore - Inkadinkadoo)
Paper - SU! Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White & Certainly Celery
Ink for Cones - pumpkin pie
Ink for ice cream and words - regal rose, so saffron, certainly celery, & Bashful blue (I didn't own any sky blue, so I guess I didn't follow all the rules!)
Extras - stickles for the sprinkles, big brads by Queen & Co., and sweet petite ribbon from AC Moore.
Next time I will do my best to get my post in on time!

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Your card is super cute! I love the multicolored sentiment and the sparkle on the ice cream cones. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there - your card is lovely! Thanks for playing! :)

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

agreeing with julee, here! your card is adorable!! i love ice cream cards (posting one on my blog later today, actually!) and yours "takes the cake". can't wait to see you play in more of the challenges!!!