Sunday, April 3, 2011

A birthday gift


I recently made a birthday present for on one my besties, inspired by her desire to remake her living room into a "coastal / cottage" vibe room and completely inspired by this candle holder from LL Bean. So, off I went to try my hand at recreating something in this proximity.

I got a vase from the local dollar tree...
and I picked up these beauties from Michaels...


Now that I had my supplies - I just started gluing, and gluing and gluing...I used some pretty powerful glue to keep that glass on the vase - should probably do it in a well ventilated room. Yikes.
I just realized as I am almost through writing this post - I never took a picture of the final product! WHAT!?!?! Good think Miss Anne lives close. I will have to pop in for a visit.

No comments: