Thursday, December 16, 2010

Homemade Holidays

So far, this is the extent of my holiday decorating. We have decided to install hard wood floors in the house - they come to install tomorrow!! Therefore, no tree, no decorations - as all the other rooms had to be emptied out to make way for the new floors!

I had to have some Christmas showing around the house so the chest in the hallway got the treatment. I am not sure that it will still look like that by the weekend when I have ample time and ability to decorate the whole house, but I am happy with it for now!

With the exception of the tablecloth, I "crafted" everything you see. I am going to start with the NOEL frame set. I bought the frames from Joann Crafts for $1 each. They might have even been on sale for less, I just don't remember. They had been sitting in my craft closet for quite some time. I used sheet music from an old hymnal that I picked up at the thrift store (which, by the way, is where I got the chest) and decopauged the sheet music pieces randomly all over the frame. I finished by hot gluing red velvet ribbon around the outside of the frame.
I cut out the N-O-E-L with my handy dandy cricut and used some scrap paper to fill in the back of the frames. I really like the way they turned out!

No comments: