Sunday, February 13, 2011

Boxes, boxes, boxes

At least a year ago, I bought a bunch of paper boxes - with the idea that I would decorate them...I have finally gotten around to it! This one is my favorite so far. I used an old pattern that I picked up at goodwill for 57 cents. The rest of the stuff I had laying around the craft room. Time to start using supplies - not admiring the accumulation of them!

For this box, I used some Lilly Pulitzer wrapping paper and topped the box with a ribbon rose.

All the papers and "buttons" used on this box are from Heather Bailey. I love the bright fun colors she uses in her fabrics and was so excited that she came out with papers to match! Click here to visit her blog and here to visit her online store. (No, I wasn' t paid to endorse - just love!!!)

The final box is definitely Miss Mustard Seed inspired. I used some vintage sheet music I got from a co-worker (thank you, Alex) and I painted the top with some silver paint. For a little rustic touch - I painted the pine cone with the same silver paint and glued it to the top to use as a handle.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Your boxes turned out great! I especially love the vintage sheet music one, as well as the green and pink set, great job!!