Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Myott Finlandia

In my post about the Miss Mustard Seed "Copy Me Challenge" I mentioned that I was scouring the thrift stores for plates like hers. I had found onesies and twosies around and I would pick them up.

Last week, while taking a day off - I ventured into my favorite thrift store. I call it my honey hole! Anyway, I came across a stack of these lovelies. Seriously - there were 9 dinner plates, 16 small dessert plates and 11 bowls...for, get this, $15!!! I could seriously feel my throat closing, my palms were sweating and I didn't think I would make it up to the counter with the dishes. I was certain the second I stepped away from the shelf, someone else would swoop in and take them. It didn't really matter that there was only one other person in the shop and we were definitely NOT looking at the same things!

I finally got them home, cleaned them and they are now as deliriously happy as I am...I think dishes can be that happy, right?? My collection of these style dishes has now grown! They are all a little different but I love that all the same. I thought I would add some of the china markings from the bottom of the dishes that I have. The group that I picked up at the thrift store are Myott Finlandia.

This is from a bowl in the same design that I bought over 10 years ago.


A sweet little cup I picked up at Goodwill.


This marking is on a set of 3 plates that I got from Goodwill as well. Furnivals Limited!

No comments: