Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Boys have birthdays too!




You would never know that boys have birthdays in my world - it seems like all the cards I make are so girly! Whoda thunk that I have 2 boys - and NO girls. I have several boy birthdays coming up soon - like Cody who will be 11 this year! I don't think this card is too juvenile yet, almost, but not yet. We already gave him his birthday present - a new bat. They are sooo expensive. I had no idea! Anyway, he spent what seemed like hours picking out his new bat and his is as happy as a pig in you know what. The poor neighbors have been hearing him on the hit-a-way since he brought it home.
This isn't him with his new bat - but I thought I would add a shot of him at the All-Star tournament. He was literally inches away from a home run! He was so excited and almost forgot to run. Fortunately his feet kicked it in gear and he made it to second. Cody, dear heart, is not the speediest kid on the field...but we love him anyway! The next game he played the other team intentionally walked him. He was totally pissed, but we tried to explain that it was a compliment! The other team's coach came up and told him so after the game was over (we won!!)

Back to the card - heres the recipe:
Paper- (Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo) Cogs, Mr. Roboto, Bandwidth. The background paper was just something I found in my stash that matched the blue perfectly
Stamps - (SU!) So many scallops
Ink - (Brilliance) Graphite Black
Other - SU! Scallop Punch

No comments: